Clay Saucer Question

So Bryan technically you don't have to put anything in the pan if your using a pit minder or a digi Q etc. This weekend I am going to do my first over night with my Digi Q doing maybe four butts for a memorial day cookout on Sunday. If you put foil over the top of the pan and you have that cushion of air in between with that work ok also? I have only done that for a high heat cook.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Balzotti:
So Bryan technically you don't have to put anything in the pan if your using a pit minder or a digi Q etc. This weekend I am going to do my first over night with my Digi Q doing maybe four butts for a memorial day cookout on Sunday. If you put foil over the top of the pan and you have that cushion of air in between with that work ok also? I have only done that for a high heat cook. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Paul, Correct. When you go to push the foil into the pan, just leave it up off the bottom 1.5-2". Been working fine like that for 5 years now. HTH

Back