Cl q100

Really like the mods you did, especially the thermometer. Got me interested. I picked up a Q100 off CL for $25 a while back. I use mine a lot for small quick meals and veggies as sides. For quick direct grilling, they work great. Only thing that bothers me is keeping up with how much gas is in the little bottles. If I used the grill constantly, it wouldn't be a problem. I started a thread here a while back on it, but bottom line is there is no really good way other than paying close attention to it.

I'm diging the black and thermo mod. I love cooking on my Q. You've got me seriously considering paint mine black.

I'm just not sure i could get it clean enough for the paint to stick properly since my Q has a good bit of use on it.

Don Fry--

I use a sharpie and draw a tally mark on the green tank after each cook. And I know I can get somewhere between 5-8 cooks out of a tank.

But I know what you mean and as a result always bring a spare. that's why they are sold in twin packs, right?

Here are the pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Bob, that black paint job is over the top! Did you strip the paint, or just sand over the original? After seeing yours with the fresh paint, I know now that I have to do my Q200 in black as well! Pics are soon to follow!
Tim

Tim, thank for the comps. The only negative about the Q's is the Beige top. Cmon Weber, Beige? As far as prep I did nothing but wipe it down. It was brand new. Hit it with Krylon 1200 deg semi gloss black. Let it dry for 20 min. And gave it one more coat. I've used it probably 5x and have had no problem with the paint.

Bob, that black paint job is over the top! Did you strip the paint, or just sand over the original? After seeing yours with the fresh paint, I know now that I have to do my Q200 in black as well! Pics are soon to follow!
Tim

Back