Chopping BBQ

You could, but I don't see why unless your trying to duplicate the store bought packaged ppork.

Seems like it'd get real mushy and lose much of it's texture...which IMO is one of the things that makes it so unique.

Yes I've done it. It's o.k., like the previous post stated it comes out fine even if you use the coarse grinder.

IMHO I thing pulling it and then chopping with a very large chef's knife or cleaver gives a better texture. Just takes a little longer. It all tastes the same though.

Tom

I go to a local place called "Smokin Joes" They use a Buffalo Chopper for their chopped BBQ. I was hoping to get that same consistancy with the grinder and the coarse plate.

MikeZ

Is that place in Toano on Route 60? Is so how is it? If not where might it be, I'm always looking for a new Q place.

Or is that the one on RT 17 just east of Wolf Trap? I had a chopped pork sandwich there yeaterday.

Mike
You won't get chopped product with a grinder. A Buffalo Chopper is great if you have large quanities to do.
Jim

Tom & Bill & Jim,

Tom: Yes, he has a place in Toano. I ate there on Tuesday night. He has several locations. I think he started in Kilmarnock, VA (Northern Neck). The place is nothing special. Just like all of his other places. The food is great! (IMHO).
icon_biggrin.gif

Bill: It may be? I know he has several locations in the Tidewater area.

Thanks Jim....... I sort of thought that.

MikeZ

Thank for the skinny on that place. I have driven by it and have not had the chance to try it yet.

Dont get out to Kilmarnock too often but if I am on the Neck I will give it a try.

Thank for the info.

Tom

Back