Choice cut Flat Iron with Crashed Taters!

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
I splurged and bought a Choice cut of a Flat Iron Steak from Albertsons. I seasoned it with my favorite rub, South African Spice rub, from Trader Joes. While getting the coals going, I also got the crashed taters going too. With a nice hot fire, Steaks on 5 minutes later, a flip, then it's done. Steak was super tender and juicy. I would buy another Choice grade Flat Iron steak. Here are the pictures :).

Choice Flat Iron Steak.

Rubbed!

On some Hot coals!

5 minutes, first flip.

all done!

Crashed taters are done.

Time to eat!!!

Thanks for looking :).

Mike I know that was just a taste test for you, that final pic. There's plenty more room on that plate screaming "where's mine!!" Looks good and thanks for sharing.

Good looking steak and potatoes!! I have a hard time finding flat irons and chuck eyes in my area.

Good looking steak and potatoes!! I have a hard time finding flat irons and chuck eyes in my area.

John. You might try Ralphs in your area here in Arizona its Fry’s both are part of Kroger. I asked the butcher about flat irons and he said they didn’t cut them locally but he could get them from a meat cutter, but had to buy them by the case so he only did that if someone requested them. He ordered a case and put six aside for me and put the other eighteen out in the meat case, he said they were gone in less then a half hour, so now I see them all the time there. Chuck eyes, well that’s another story.

Back