Chili Recipe for my Tips

Chip H (Hersh)

TVWBB Member
Just did a bunch of spares for the Colts game, and have a lot of tips leftover. I want to find a good chili recipe to add them too. I have done a lot of different chili preperation, looking for something tried and true.

Thanks!

Being a red blooded Texan I am a self proclaimed chile expert, to me there aint no beans in chile a good bowl of Tx red is very dear to my heart. If it's not a bowl of red it's a bowl of New Mexico Green chili & pork stew.It is one of my favorites and is super easy to put together this is the recipe that I use. I have tried many recipes this, one I feel is the best. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/G...ith-Pork/Detail.aspx

Chip,

While many will prepare a pork or chicken chili with a green sauce, there's nothing wrong with using red or dried chiles in my opinion. Here's a link to Kevin's Chili Colorado which was created for brisket point, but I think can be used for pork. If you prefer to swap out the tomatoes and ancho chiles to stay with a 'green theme', you might opt for tomatillos and fresh chiles such as Poblanos, New Mexican and Anaheim. Serranos are good for heat as well as flavor. Kevin's variation which directly follows his Colorado recipe sounds excellent as well. His use of fruit works very well with pork and the chiles.

Paul

Back