Chicken thighs

JohnTak

TVWBB Pro
I finally got to try Harry Soo’s chicken rub. You can buy it or make it, the recipe is in his Q and A session. Sauced with Sweet Baby Ray’s honey bbq sauce. Turned out pretty good. I have tried a few recipes and really like his. Cooked at 325° for about an hour over Fogo Super Premium lump.

Attachments

• 0D0F553A-0385-4CC1-B361-59BBFC722B11.jpeg
    0D0F553A-0385-4CC1-B361-59BBFC722B11.jpeg
    251.7 KB · Views: 31
"I finally got to try Harry Soo’s chicken rub. You can buy it or make it, the recipe is in his Q and A session."

Would you mind giving us a little bit more information? There are 5 pages there.

It's on page 1 and 2 of the PDF. I would copy and paste but I'm old and not really good at some of this stuff. :)

John, those thighs look perfect! (and apparently you can still be taught new tricks since you did cut/paste!) :)

R

I brush them off after I cook. The next cook I preheat the grill and brush them again and just before I cook I spray avocado oil on and do a final quick brush.

I started using these after reading that bristles fall out and get into the food.

Attachments

• tempImageCDCWj2.png
    tempImageCDCWj2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
I found this handle in a grocery store a long time ago, no brand name. I sandwich one of each pad in the jaws, the copper one lasts longer and scrubs better. The stainless gets in and kicks off the loosened stuff.

Attachments

• tempImageM0Oxoi.png
    tempImageM0Oxoi.png
    1 MB · Views: 9

Back