Chicken Satay w/Steve Raichlen's recipe

Robert McGee

TVWBB Gold Member
Last night, the wife and I did Chicken Satay with sliced boneless/skinless chicken breasts. We used the recipe from Steve's book, "How to Grill". We marinaded the chicken for about 30 minutes:

On the OTG direct for a couple of minutes a side (watch to avoid burning these very thin skewered slices):

Chicken Satay on the platter:

I also grilled a couple of pineapple slices for our favorite grilled dessert (Hey! I'm only human;)):

Here is the meal plated (those two small satays are only a start, folks, don't get nervous;)):

Note the peanut sauce served in a small ramekin on the plate. That was a commercial Thai peanut sauce we already had, so I didn't make my own (this time...).

A nice way to end a VERY tasty meal - grilled pineapple slice with a dollop of vanilla ice cream, pineapple marinade drizzled on top, and to top it off, a bit of lime zest (do NOT forget to do this):

I can recommend this dish (satay) without reservation. Truly a very nice and tasty dish. It takes those quite often dry chicken breasts lacking flavor and puts them over the top. Quick, easy, and tasty - kind of hard to beat!

Dale53

Back