Chicken Quarters 26" w/ SNS

TravisGrimm

TVWBB Member
Nice rainy day here in Southwestern Ohio. Decided to throw some quarters on the kettle. Let em sit in some Italian dressing in a couple bags in the fridge for awhile after they were rinsed off. Took em out seasoned them up and onto the kettle. Used some apple along with one small chunk of pecan. Hope everyone is having a great Sunday/Mothers Day. 20210509_150945.jpg

Did they taste as good as they look?
No sir. Lol unfortunately I over cooked them. I'm new to charcoal. So I didn't have enough in the slow n sear. When it got down to around 220 I started another chimney and then used my leaf blower to hurry the chimney along. When I tempted the chicken it was at 165 then dropped down to 140. So I took it to 170 and it was awful! Lol

I've never had the temps drop in the middle of a cook before. I've always used either a MES or a pellet grill. So switching over to charcoal I kind of expected these types or growing pains.

Been there done that; we learn by experience and even after that we have some less-than-desirable results. Here in Preble County I conceded to rain and seasonal allergies and threw the chicken in the oven :confused:

Been there done that; we learn by experience and even after that we have some less-than-desirable results. Here in Preble County I conceded to rain and seasonal allergies and threw the chicken in the oven :confused:
Lol that would've been better than the bowl of cereal I just finished! I'm in champaign county

Back