Charcoal Shortage?

Just picked up a couple 40 pound bags of RO Chef's Select and a couple 35 pound bags of Jealous Devil lump from our favorite local supplier.
Didn't see any shortage on their site...
Bob, any chance you can airlift me some of that Chef's Select? ;)

Last edited:
Speaking of Chef's Select, Target has the 40 lb. bags online for $34.99 so I ordered 5 bags today. The RedCard 5% discount saved me almost enough to cover the sales tax.

I was actually thinking about calling the various Do it Best stores around here and taking a little road trip...

I don't think charcoal grilling is going away, Grilling in general terms is growing because of covid and all the TV shows the last several years about grilling and grilling competitions. The pellet style grills are becoming more popular because of their ease of operation But you never see those on TV and any competition format. I purchased my B&B lump charcoal from my local ace hardware and they can't keep it on the shelf. They carry the other brands as well such as diablo and fogo, but in my opinion being B&B is the best and their lack of keeping it stocked Backs that up. I agree I see stacks and stacks of pellets But the lump charcoal seems to sell faster. Maybe new grill masters start with charcoal and don't have the patience to get good at it and switch to pellet because they see their buddy just filling the hopper turning it on throwing the meat and going back to watching their football game LOL

Back