Charcoal chefs, do you also use Gas?

You were actually considering the 18.5 with a son that size? I have 4 sons who will all be teens at once. I do not look forward to my grocery bill. I store all the cast iron I have inside. I have 4 pans, a griddle and a 7 quart dutch oven. Let us know which one you get.

I take the covering off the pineapple and put it on the rotisserie on medium indirect. I cook for about 40 minutes and then brush with a cinnamon honey mixture while cooking for another 20 minutes. The only downside is 2 pineapples go really quickly with my crowd. With the right tools there is nothing you can not grill.

I got rid of an old genesis 1000 redhead (gave to inlaws) when I got my performer and kamados. Now I am busier so I picked up a genesis e310 with cover and two full tanks for $300. I now use that the most, during the week, and then do charcoal on the weekends.

I got rid of an old genesis 1000 redhead (gave to inlaws) when I got my performer and kamados. Now I am busier so I picked up a genesis e310 with cover and two full tanks for $300. I now use that the most, during the week, and then do charcoal on the weekends.

John that's what I'm thinking, charcoal or smoke on weekends, fast food on weekdays.......we do not have a long outdooe season here so I love cooking outside as much as possible.

I use my gasser when I grill salmon filets. I'm not fond of smoke taste on that dish. I also use it when I'm in a hurry, and need to heat a few hot dogs or burgers.
Besides, it's convenient to keep food hot between servings

I do the whole pineapple on the rotisserie as well. Cut some diagonal spiral cuts it into it, and sprinkle a mix of cinnamon, sugar, and cloves. cook until there is a nice outer crust and caramelized.

My brother in Maui just sent me 3 Maui Gold Pineapples,wish I had a rotisserie, these things are un real!
IMG_05881.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sounds like a great excuse to go buy a genesis and a rotisserie. Post picks of the cooked pineapples please.also, I will have to try loves next time. Thanks for the tip.

OK I have been watching CL every day and found a nice Genesis silver B very close to me.
It has SS flavorizer bars the owner says are original. He just put new SS grates on it and says it has had 5 cooks and they still look shiney. It has flip up work tables on the left and right and includes the tank for $125 bucks firm.
I'm not sure of the year but the hood is Green and it looks to be in nice shape.......
What do you think?

If you don't have a gasser already, I would think for $125, a Genesis in good working condition would be an excellent buy. Two of the most frequently worn out parts, have already been replaced.

If you don't have a gasser already, I would think for $125, a Genesis in good working condition would be an excellent buy. Two of the most frequently worn out parts, have already been replaced.
I agree I think he has that much tied up in the SS grates with tax and shipping. Can't wait to see what he is replacing it with.....

So the guy works at an ACE hardware store, this year for a bonus they gave him a new Weber Summit!
Started taking it apart, cleaning the porcelain with rubbing compound and it's looking great. Will power wash the belly and clean the gas tube's tomorrow. It's missing the inside warming shelves so I'll call weber tomorrow. Also when I removed the cast sides from the porcelain section each had a few of the hold down clip tip's missing (broken off).
Wonder if they will replace those as all cast is 25 years......?

I only have charcoal, I think that is partly because I grew up in a house where my Dad only had gas. I want more grills and smokers, but just charcoal and wood fired.

I bought the gasser for more heat control of veggies, fish, and my large CI skillet. I have been using my skillet for smashburgers and it just fits in my 22 performer. The Genesis will round out my Weber Kitchen purrrfect!
Now I will have to add on to the outside kitchen......

Personally, I like the taste of charcoal grilled food, but as others have mentioned here it's just convinient some times to use the gasser for burgers, chicken breasts what have you.

I actually just sold my gas grill. It worked ok but needed burners so since the last time I ran out of gas, I just never refilled the tanks. I cook most everything on the kettle and I'm finding it's not that much more hassle than the gasser but once in a while, especially during the week, I dont really feel like starting a fire. We do have a George Foreman that has a stand so we can use it outside. We use that if we are just throwing a couple of pieces of fish on it or something. It's not that I wouldnt want a new Weber gasser, I just dont want to spend the money. I'm actually hoping to add a 26.75" kettle.

Well I have to say..... I used my gasser much more than I thought I would have.
Been a busy summer and I'll have to put all the photos up into a link for everyone. But as most of you stated for the cooks that need control its the bomb.
Did many pancake breakfast cooks this summer, planked salmon, grilled swordfish, smashburgers on the CI long griddle, lots of veggies in the CI pans.
So thanks again for all the advise, it was a great addition to the line up.

Back