Charcoal basket for the Weber Summit Kamado

So, they actually emailed me back a few minutes ago. Only $25.00 extra for set up fee (changing the shear). I’m pulling the trigger on this.

Have you decided on what that other grate would be so you could cook it on the lower level right over the coals? Are you looking into another E6 charcoal grate? Or perhaps a grate rom a kamado Joe Jr or something like that around 15"?
With the ArborFab charcoal basket, it will allow me to move the lower grate back up to the middle position (since the basket has a bottom and will rest on the tabs at the bottom of the bowl). I will be using my BGE ceramic half stones for any indirect cooks. So far I don’t care for the Weber diffuser. It holds liquids as the flat ceramic just burns them off.

With the ArborFab charcoal basket, it will allow me to move the lower grate back up to the middle position (since the basket has a bottom and will rest on the tabs at the bottom of the bowl). I will be using my BGE ceramic half stones for any indirect cooks. So far I don’t care for the Weber diffuser. It holds liquids as the flat ceramic just burns them off.
looking forward to seeing this

Back