Char-Broil Big Easy Oilless Fryer

This is a super interesting cooker that has a lot of positive feedback. I've got a line on a barely used one for $50 and am going to snag it. Anyone here used one? I'm surprised no other company has made anything similar:

I've had mine for awhile. It was the 1st version and I bought it a few years after it came out.
I think they cost$120.00 back then, I paid $ 90.00 from HD at the end of the year.
I use it every Thanksgiving for a turkey, X-mas a beef roast and a ham on Easter.
It works perfect, never had any issues with lighting or using it.

Char Broil has a site that specifically targets any questions, with tips on cooking.

Tim

I've had mine for awhile. It was the 1st version and I bought it a few years after it came out.
I think they cost$120.00 back then, I paid $ 90.00 from HD at the end of the year.
I use it every Thanksgiving for a turkey, X-mas a beef roast and a ham on Easter.
It works perfect, never had any issues with lighting or using it.

Char Broil has a site that specifically targets any questions, with tips on cooking.

Tim

I'm super interested, the seller hasn't gotten back to me, if I don't hear anything by tomorrow I'll run to the store and buy one.

Happen to know the difference between the models with "legs"? Also any opinion on the various baskets? It looks like academy has some special collapsable version https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/ch...sible-roaster-basket#repChildCatSku=116732609

I only have the standard basket, but that collapsible one would make it easier to remove a turkey etc.
I have to flip mine over.

Tim

Turkeys are fantastic on the big easy I really only use mine for thanksgiving I really do need to bust it out more.

50 bones id say is a fair price you will enjoy it.

Picked it up today. Super interesting device, it's basically a propane powered air-fryer. It's pretty clean but I'm running it on high for a bit before oven cleaning the stainless pot and clearing out the burner tube, pretty sure it has some spiders. Chicken brining in the fridge for the maiden voyage

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright - chicken was excellent. I would say, for a whole chicken, as far as even cooking and crisp skin it's noticeably better than on a kettle and slightly better than on a kamado in a vertical roaster. I can see how this would turn out a perfect turkey. That said, it wasn't quite as good as a rotisserie chicken on a horizontal burner gasser.

Overall, it really is an outdoor propane air fryer which is not a bad thing. Super interesting device, I'm going to try to find some excuses to use it for a few weeks and will likely store it until November

Back