CGA Offset Plate

Richard in NS

TVWBB Wizard
After seeing these on Aussi and European sites for indirect cooks, I decided to make one since I couldn’t buy one here in Canada. Took an old scrap piece of SS. A3B7FD6C-0A78-4EEB-9CAC-C8EFEFC103F9.jpeg

formed it to fit 2/3 of the grate area
CB489C56-D124-47C6-B14D-C67C50858FE4.jpeg

then cut the grate to give me a small size to fit in the bottom if cooking a larger piece of meat or a larger size to fit on top. I can use both pieces to have the regular grate size. Both pieces will fit under the charcoal grate when transporting so I can store charcoal and accessories inside the CGA. It is not pretty but should work and it was free.

F24C2DA9-4F06-40FE-89B7-7B4A67FA989F.jpeg
9DA3CAE8-2C33-4D5D-85DC-26CB2B4FF6FA.jpeg

Neat. I used a folded piece of thin ss that clips itself between the charcoal grids, so it’s full adjustable.

However, because it’s twin walled it seems to insulate the non charcoal side a little too much for indirect cooking (although probably ideal for longer cooks) so I’m redoing it with some perforated plate.

Someone makes one similar to ops one. But with two pieces. A slot in one piece and a bolt and wing nut. Now you can move the barrier part in or out for more or less coals.

Someone makes one similar to ops one. But with two pieces. A slot in one piece and a bolt and wing nut. Now you can move the barrier part in or out for more or less coals.
That company makes a lot of really cool stuff the the G-Anywhere. They are here https://quetensils.com/ I think they are based out of NZ and shipping could be expensive. If you join the FB Webergalife group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/webergalife) You will be amazed at the uses of the grill

On the bbq brethren site, there is a member called phubar. He lives in the Netherlands and I have to say that he is the absolute king of the go anywhere. Absolute king. Sadly many of his posts or pics were wiped out due to photo buckets shenanigans. A great loss. I refuse to pay them a penny so I have lost many pics also. But for sure, check him out.

On the bbq brethren site, there is a member called phubar. He lives in the Netherlands and I have to say that he is the absolute king of the go anywhere. Absolute king. Sadly many of his posts or pics were wiped out due to photo buckets shenanigans. A great loss. I refuse to pay them a penny so I have lost many pics also. But for sure, check him out.
I remember his posts and pics George. Haven't checked into the Brethren site in years. I need to rectify that.

Back