Celebration Ribs

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
My great niece flew down from Maine today. Her mom, my niece, is driving down and will be here Tuesday, along with a friend of theirs. My great niece wants to attend school here in Charlotte after she graduates high school next summer! Yay!
We haven't seen her since last summers beercation here in Charlotte, where she celebrated her sweet 16. She's growing up so quickly.
Since we have her to ourselves for a day or 2, I decided ribs were in order.
I didn't have any premade rub handy, so I whipped up a quick one with SPOG, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, brown sugar and dried oregano.
48164060712_0166d0bde9_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Phil Perrin, on Flickr[/IMG]
Onto the kettle with a snake of KBB and RO briquettes. No wood chips. I'll have to remedy that.
48164058192_3c33bc328b_k.jpg
This was about 3 hours after I put them on and right before I applied the first coat of SBR.
48163982211_96495bcfa6_k.jpg
And onto my designated rib platter!
48163979221_e45fef3cca_k.jpg
Hey, whaddaya know. A plated shot!
48164096842_b995c94609_k.jpg
Even without any smoke wood, it had a nice smoke flavor from the briqs.
And cooked just right! Tender with just a bit of pull.
And since we're going to have a houseful, I'll be cooking more this week. I'll make sure to have plenty of pics!
Thanks for looking everyone!

Nice meal! Safe arrival to your soon-to-be visiting Niece, Best of luck to your Great Niece, and happy houseful get together!

Phil, great lookin' ribs! My only complaint is that rack looked so lonely on the grill by itself. Needed an ABT, moink, corn.....somethin'! :)

I kid! When all ya need is one rack, then one rack it is! :) (....and, looking closer, I see some corn with the telltale coloring of having been cooked on the grill, so maybe that rack had some company after all!)

Rich

Phil:

I certainly hope your niece is bringing some "bugs" and steamers on ice down with her! Enjoy your visit.... By the way...... those ribs look great!

Looks great Phil. We just got back from California and my daughter did three racks on their Traeger pellet popper and they came out great. But they were a little too fall off the bone for me, but great flavor. I prefer like you, a little pull off the bone.

Phil, those ribs look great and the plated pic just right. Great kid who knows to bring beer to the party.:o

Back