Cedar Planked Salmon w/ Honey Lime Dressing and Brussel Sprouts w/ garlic and honey

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Did this cook a couple of nights ago. The Salmon and B Sprouts came out great. I was disappointed in the pic's however. Made a couple of mistakes. Forgot to get a picture of the planked salmon as it came off the grill. It really looked great. Then I cut the portions with a butter knife giving the cuts a ragged look. The honey glaze on the salmon seems to give it an under cooked look and the appearance that it was not flakey. It was delicious however, cooked to an IT of around 135 - 140. Lastly, I had left over potatoes to go with it and I didn't want to bore you with pic's you've already seen, so I left the twice baked out. Kind of left a hole, maybe a crater, in the plated pic's. Anyway, here they are.

Salmon planked, glazed and ready for grill. Nice 2.5 lb. fillet I picked up at Safeway.

Sprouts ready for the grill.

Sprouts done.

Plate 1

Plate 2

Thanks for watching. Better pic's next cook.

Last edited:
It does make an unusual color but I know that would just taste great, I like it Cliff.

Thanks Bill and Paul. This was one of Jamie's recipes from the Weber IPhone App. I thought it was a little different too. I guess that's why I tried it. The picture on my post was immediately after putting the fish on the grill. As I mentioned, in the heat of the moment I forgot to take the picture of the fish when it was done. Also, this recipe called for indirect, high heat. I guess that is why it doesn't have the "seared" look to it. I'll say this, it was delicious!!! Having the rest of it tonight.

Looks good to me! I know what you mean about the pics. It's nice to have a wife or kid help out. O/w I either forget to take pics, or forget to do something related to the cook. Thanks for a great post!

Back