Catching Drippings

Tom Barineau

TVWBB Super Fan
Other than just putting an empty pan on the lower rack, has anyone devised a method for catching the drippings from whatever you're cooking on the top rack? Seems a shame to just let them hit whatever is beneath the lower rack and get cooked to char.

I thought of wiring (at the corners) a disposable aluminum pan on the underside of the top grate, so as to not interfere with what was cooking on the lower grate. Haven't done it yet, but I've considered it!
icon_smile.gif

Gary--That is pretty much the only way I can imagine it could be done. Perhaps a round layer cake pan would be more substantial so that the rack could rest on it while you take it aloose?? I just found a "Fat Daddio's" oval cake pan online that is 16"x12.5"x2" deep.

I bought some disposable aluminum half pans that have a metal frame with handles.
They fit fine on the lower grate, so with four S hooks you should be able to attach it to the bottom of your top grate.
I tried to find you a linky, but no such luck.
The number on the pan is HFA 3670.
HTH

Tim

I know this is kinda obvious, but anytime I want to catch the drippings of what I am cooking, I always put the meat (or whatever) in a foil pan. I buy the ½ steam table pans at BJ’s and use them for everything.

Like you said, if you put the pan on the lower rack, the will evaporate and burn.

Steve

Back