Cast Iron grates for the 22 kettle

Matt H.

TVWBB Super Fan
My brother in law is looking for cast iron grates for his kettle, but I can't seem to find any that aren't outrageously expensive. What are people using? the one I bought is no longer available and I think I paid like $35.

I put the STOK on mine from Target. I can't say I am very happy with them. I've broken the center insert, but the grates are staying together still. The insert has never been stable in it's slot. They do provide great searing.

As soon as they are broken to the point of no more use I will purchase the Craycorts.

thanks. the stok ones seem to be out of stock everywhere. I bought the charbroil ones which I really like, but those are discontinued. I see the craycorts, but $90 plus $20 in shipping seems pretty steep.

Yea i've been looking for the stok ones also but seems the only place you can find them these days is on craigslist.

Matt,
I use a set from Stok, which I like (I also use the Stok lifting tool), but I have a new-in-the-box Charbroil set that I might be willing to part with. Do you like your brother-in-law, or should I charge him extra?

Last edited:
Matt,
I use a set from Stok, which I like (I also use the Stok lifting tool), but I have a new-in-the-box Charbroil set that I might be willing to part with. Do you like your brother-in-law, or should I charge him extra?

ha. he's a good guy

Cast iron grates are not recommended by Meathead on Amazing ribs.com, do you all agree with this?

Back