Carbon Steel Pan

David P Harrisburg

TVWBB Member
Wasn`t sure where to post this question so I`ll start here. Does anyone know if the Lodge 15 inch dual handled carbon steel pan will fit on the 22 kettle with the lid on?

Hopefully someone has that specific pan who can reply but in case that doesn't happen this might be helpful:

Dimensions of the pan in question (assuming you're asking about the CRS15):

1657809224977.png

Dimensions of the L17SK3 that I own:

1657809301555.png

A pic I took several years ago of the L17SK3 in my 22" Kettle:

lodge 17sk in kettle.JPG

It would seem to me the CRS15 will fit.

I seen the dimensions they give you but I was questioning if the handles would clear the lid because of the radius of the lid. You know what I`m talking about. Does the lid fit over your cast iron pan? Lodge has some summer sale going on now and I was interested if it would even work. Thank you

Hi David. I just now walked my L17SK3 to my 22" Kettle, placed it on the cooking grate, and added the lid without it touching. I was also able to place my index and middle fingers between the Lodge handles and Kettle wall on both edges. Unless I'm not smart enough to consider some pertinent detail it seems to me the CRS15 would fit.

You may have access to some sale I'm not aware of but so long as you're okay with Amazon I'm showing the Lodge price is $89.95 and Amazon's price is $79.90.

Good luck

I just checked. It fits with room to spare. For what it's worth, if I had bought my L17SK3 first, I would never have bought the CRS15. The CRS15 is more of a paella pan than a skillet, with a relatively small flat bottom area.

Attachments

• PXL_20220724_232038390.jpg
    PXL_20220724_232038390.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 13

Back