Can you cook a Meat Pie on A BBQ?

SteveUK

TVWBB Member
Can you cook a meat pie on a BBQ including raw pastry. Would love to give it ago, if anyone has had any success and can help with recipes, hints & tips + times & temps

Own a Weber Genesis, Smokefire EX4, Pitbarrel. Ideally would like to do a Steak and Mushroom Pie or something similar. Happy to use 2 different BBQ's if needed, Smokefire to smoke meat first and maybe Genesis to cook the pie itself? Not done one before, so wondering where to start

Can you cook a meat pie on a BBQ including raw pastry. Would love to give it ago, if anyone has had any success and can help with recipes, hints & tips + times & temps

Own a Weber Genesis, Smokefire EX4, Pitbarrel. Ideally would like to do a Steak and Mushroom Pie or something similar. Happy to use 2 different BBQ's if needed, Smokefire to smoke meat first and maybe Genesis to cook the pie itself? Not done one before, so wondering where to start
I make pizza in my SmokeFire. Fresh dough in the bottom of a CI pan, add your toppings.

Smokefire is just a pellet fired convection oven, so any indoor recipie should be real close outside depending on OAT's
I've done shepards pie and tuna noodle casserole, lasagna and beef pot pie.
Time and temps were similar to the indoor appliance.

Yes. I can!

Seriously, most of us here can control our grill temperatures better than the oven in your kitchen range does. As long as you use indirect heat, there's really no limit to what you can cook on a grill.

Back