Can this handle/lid be fixed?

steveD

TVWBB Fan
I saw this grill listed for sale near me for $25. Can the lid/handle be fixed?

00k0k_12D2tSztKEZ_600x450.jpg

For $25 it might be worth buying a new lid. Weber customer service might give you some king of break on it. They have been very good to me.

What about just touching up the rust spots, drilling a couple of holes and bolting on some kind of all-steel drawer pull?

@ $25, it's worth it either way. I recently replaced a lid assembly on my performer, it was like $80-90 total straight from Weber. Or with a little work, I'm sure you could bolt something on there for less.....

If you haven't already bought it, GET IT!!! If you already have it can we get a closeup of the handle are both inside and outside?

I emailed the seller (no phone number provided), hoping for the best. After I sent the message, it occurred to me that I have an extra lid in my shed right now... The porcelain coating is chipped in a few places, but Weber replaced it with a brand new lid under warranty a few months ago. So, worst case scenario, I can use that lid on this performer, it just won't have the built-in thermometer.

I emailed the seller (no phone number provided), hoping for the best. After I sent the message, it occurred to me that I have an extra lid in my shed right now... The porcelain coating is chipped in a few places, but Weber replaced it with a brand new lid under warranty a few months ago. So, worst case scenario, I can use that lid on this performer, it just won't have the built-in thermometer.

You can add a thermometer easily enough.

Probe thermometer through the vent suffices just fine, and you actually get the temp on the food side of the lid when cooking indirect.

The stock thermometer is sitting on the table top. Bolt on handle from weber or eReplacment parts and drill a hole through the handle for the stock therm.

I've got a couple lids with handles that were damaged, just drill and add fasteners. I like a touch of chrome and use acorn nuts on top.

IMG_2789.jpg

Back