Can someone help me ID this bracket from my 2002 Silver B?

I'm not sure that is part of a 2002 Silver B. I've never seen anything like that before.

Here is the schematic for a 2003. I think the 03 and 02 are very much the same.

1651854371614.png

I'm not sure that is part of a 2002 Silver B. I've never seen anything like that before.

Here is the schematic for a 2003. I think the 03 and 02 are very much the same.

View attachment 50329

I checked the schematic the other day and noticed that it didn't seem like it was on there. It was mounted somewhere near the tank gauge but none of my photos during disassembly caught it apparently :(.

Oh well. Will keep it in the junk drawer in case I ever solve it.

I checked the schematic the other day and noticed that it didn't seem like it was on there. It was mounted somewhere near the tank gauge but none of my photos during disassembly caught it apparently :(.

Oh well. Will keep it in the junk drawer in case I ever solve it.
In the thread linked below are some pics of a 2002 Silver B that I picked up free and I still have. It didn't have that part. I also picked up a 2002 Gold B and it didn't have that part either, nor did my 2000.

It is a small sample. maybe @Bruce has seen one since he's had many, many more than I have.

I am wondering if they lost the bracket on the tank that holds the tank securely on the gauge and were using that in its place. Otherwise, I really have no idea either.

Are you sure it is off the grill and not the tank. I have seen something similar on another brand of grill. It clamps to the ring on the top of the propane tank and actuates the tank gauge on it.

Back