Can someone explain how to tie up a Pork Butt?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have 4 boneless pork butts for tomorrow nights smoke. If someone can explain how to tie them I would greatly appreciate it. Thx.

I like to tie boneless butts in 3-4 locations across the width of the roast to keep the meat together during handling and cooking.

No special technique. Just use kitchen twine, pull it tight, and make a good knot. Cut the excess ends. Here's a photo:
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/pork1_photos/pork2.jpg

If you happen to buy your butts from a full-service butcher, next time ask them to net the roasts for you.

Regards,
Chris

I just tied 2 up yesterday. Their on the WSM as I type.

They were both different. I did 2 across on 1 and 3 across on the other. But I did put 1 lenght wise on both to hold a "flap" of muscle that culdn'nt be held by the others.

Good Luck

Tom

It's your own fault for doing something silly like staying up all night cooking meat! <She said as she typed with rub-stained hands from preparing the briskets that are going on an all-nighter tonight... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif >

Keri C, smokin on Tulsa Time

You shall, indeed, kind sir, you shall indeed.

Briskets rubbed with a combination of Head Country and a secret steak seasoning. Jack Daniels purifying oak charcoal for smoke, with a little touch of plain oak. Minionated; smoker's up to 220 and meat's at 103. It's a beautiful night - no tornadoes tonight, like there were around last night. Tornadoes going over are hell on the smoker temps, you know? Sucks the heat right out.

Gonna go put my ET73 receiver in the bedroom window, put the flashlight by the bed, and do a little snoozing, I think. We're supposed to lead a charity ride tomorrow afternoon with Evel Kneivel <sp?> as guest of honor, so I guess I'd best get some sleep some time.

Wonder if he likes good barbecue...

Keri C, smokin on Tulsa Time, all through the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back