Can I Paint Green Kettle to Black?

Bumping.. I want to pick up a Weber performer (the one with single side table. I wish I could find a Weber One Touch Platinum, they are unicorns and a rare find. So I firgured picking up a base model Performer would be good. However, they only come in Black. I have my heart set on a red kettle to go next to my blue Performer Deluxe.

Has anyone sent their kettle off to get painted at a place like Independence Porcelain Enamel? What could I expect to pay to have that done? Is the result comparable to a factory Weber kettle finish?
I have seen pictures of some gorgeous work done by IPE. Member @Dave in KC has had several projects done by them with rave reviews. Not a cheap solution but first class workmanship.

I have a custom One Touch Platinum I am sadly toying with selling. Unused since my custom restore. New hard to find Weber cover, too. PM if you want to discuss.

IMG_3477.jpeg
IMG_3478.jpeg
IMG_3479.jpeg

Bumping.. I want to pick up a Weber performer (the one with single side table. I wish I could find a Weber One Touch Platinum, they are unicorns and a rare find. So I firgured picking up a base model Performer would be good. However, they only come in Black. I have my heart set on a red kettle to go next to my blue Performer Deluxe.

Has anyone sent their kettle off to get painted at a place like Independence Porcelain Enamel? What could I expect to pay to have that done? Is the result comparable to a factory Weber kettle finish?

Contact Jeff Gaylord at IPE for a firm quote, but I would guess you are looking at
least $400 not including shipping. You may be better off finding a red Performer.
If you are interested in a red SSP, let me know. I have one (very nice and detailed,
and close to showroom new.)

The finish you will get from IPE is much better than anything Weber has produced
at the factory for more than 10 years.

Back