Can Durawood be Dyed Black?

Samuel

TVWBB Wizard
Can Durawood be dyed black? I know they made some black at one point but those are far from being found.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (1).jpg

Last edited:
RIck is correct. I boiled about a dozen or them for about an hour and they came out a little darker, but not much. But, I guess Weber did produce some grills with black durawood. I have not personally come across one however.

I missed a chance to get a grill with them earlier this year. I think on the right grill they would make for a cool look. It is too bad that dyeing won’t work.

I do! Are they original or are they painted/dyed?

EDIT: I remember this grill now. It was floating around on maybe even more than one online site. I do like the black durawood and handle with what appears to be a green hood. I wonder if that black handle was a Weber special edition or if it was painted.
P.s. I have a few of those that are currently gray that I plan to bring to TVWBB UPPER MIDWEST MEET and have Bruce attempt to dye black. Again, it is too bad it won’t work on Durawood.

Last edited:
Jon,
Please post back pics to this thread of your results once you attempt this. I would be interested in seeing them. Before and After's preferably.

Back