Can briquettes be reused?

I reuse my charcoal as well. Never had an issue. After the coals are cold I knock off all of the ash and toss whats left in a coffee can till the next cook.

quote:
If your fuel costs are an issue than reuse by all means.

It isn't about fuel cost. Leftover Kingsford burns exactly the same as new. Same reason why I don't throw out half full gallons of milk.

I have no issue with reuse fuel, I just don't use it. With regards to your milk comment, I also don't relight cigars or drink half empty beers from the night before.

With regards to your milk comment, I also don't relight cigars or drink half empty beers from the night before.

Correct, because there's an appreciable difference in quality unlike a half full carton of milk or left over charcoal. I simply took issue with the tone of your initial comment that using leftover charcoal was beneath you but A-OK for us poor folks.

My apologies Jerry. My initial post was opinion only and not meant to alienate but I did dig in the last because I took issue with your tone.

Hopefully no harm no foul.

Old post but just what I needed as a new smoker user! Cleaned mine out after smoking yesterday and left them in there figuring I would check these forums.

Likely will go the method of taking them out of my 18.5 in order to clean the ashes out of the bottom before my next smoke.

Back