Can a stainless steel performer be disassembled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherry N

I've been scoping out the CL listings for an older performer, but I'm wondering how it would work because have a car. I see that the new ones can be taken apart, are the old ones hard to disassemble or could I do it reasonably quickly in someone's yard to load the pieces into my car?

Thanks!

Probably depends on the condition of the frame. I have owned both and I would say if the SS is in good shape with no rust on the bolts it should be OK, if the frame bolts are rusted it could be tough to do right quick. Seems like the newer models might be easier to disassemble from an aged condition though..

Bottom expanding clamps that hold the uprights together are ticklish and have a good chance of breaking, and I don't think thats a replacement part.

The one I bought came apart quite easily.
You will need a 7/16" wrench and nut driver. Also a regular and Phillips screw driver.

I picked up a Redhead DD in Dallas and brought her home in my camry. Guy was real nice and had it already dismantled for me. If you have to take it down yourself be sure to bring the above tools Tim listed as well as some WD40 or such.
GOOD LUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back