Camino de Santiago

If you're going for the spiritual aspect understood. If not, grab a bicycle to cover more ground and see more sights at the right speed. I walked, hitched, drove, took public transportation, and rode a bike around Europe over the years I was stationed there. My bike trips are the most memorable, and the speed and freedom levels are ideal. I took a year to ride my bike around Central America at one point, but ended up mainly diving and sailing instead.

Eric, I hear you...biking would cover more ground quicker.
My oldest son is just a few days from finishing the walk. I have been reading blogs of others who completed the walk. It is drawing me in. Hard to explain.
60 is the other side of the hill and it makes me think more about what I want to accomplish.

It looks like an interesting place, although with A Walk In The Woods out now at the movies, walking the Appalacian trail would be interesting.
Just a quick 2000 + mile hike might do me good.

Having hiked much of the Smoky Mnt. park and much of the AT there, I think the AT is a young mans hike (or a very fit and healthy older person). One has to carry quite a bit of weight. On the Camino, there are bunks, food and water close each day. Oh and 500 miles vs 2000.

It's on my bucket list. My wife and I have traveled throughout Spain and other Mediterranean countries and I've met several travelers who have done it and everyone of them enjoyed it. I'll probably need to retire to have enough time to do it though.

Back