CajunBandit to build prototype 26.75".

Chuck Piercy

TVWBB Fan
Apparently Chris With CajunBandit purchased his own '09 26.75 a few months ago,with thoughts on building a bandit for it. He has been very busy of late and had not had time to work up a prototype, but when e-mailed him asking him if he could build me one, he callled and said he would start work with his fabricator and have me a prototype to view in 3 months.
I am stoked...as soon as I see pix I will forward them along.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Uhh, you are joking right?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, seriously, I would be interested in the expanding the capacity of the Ranch Kettle. Bill Comerford has a 10" SS collar, but maybe a 18" or 24" expansion would produce a 3 or 4 level cooking chamber.

I don't know that the plastic casters would hold up to the weight of so much meat, so other changes may be required, but to be able to add charcoal thru an access door during a long cook would be very nice.

Count me as interested in some type of conversion for either a 26" or 37" WSM style setup.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by doug ep:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Uhh, you are joking right?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, seriously, I would be interested in the expanding the capacity of the Ranch Kettle. Bill Comerford has a 10" SS collar, but maybe a 18" or 24" expansion would produce a 3 or 4 level cooking chamber.

I don't know that the plastic casters would hold up to the weight of so much meat, so other changes may be required, but to be able to add charcoal thru an access door during a long cook would be very nice.

Count me as interested in some type of conversion for either a 26" or 37" WSM style setup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> If you were to convert a 37bmfr you would probably want to shorten it somehow..other wise it would be too tall for practical use(unless you have some scaffolding
icon_smile.gif
With the 26 he will fab flared legs from the mount nubs to 1"1/2 so the ash pan is 2 to 3 inches off the ground.
He has found a supplier for the water pan and it will be SS and very big..I think 40 qt.
I'll try and keep you updated on the process.

Sure thing Bill! Not sure how to get in touch...but it is good to know there are kindred spirits in the area. I will post once I hear something back from CB. If you can e-mail me.

Well, my interest is picqued!!

I built an 85 gallon drum smoker and it has a two 26" grate capacity and I love all the space I can work with. I've been fence sitting about picking up on a CB, and contemplating a 26" Kettle.

I agree, the availabilty to cook more on the ranch is great! My reason was to be able to add more sq. inches and keep it raised. The Ranch now holds 30 racks of ribs no problem. I think that if Chris was to do this more people would purchase the Ranch. As far as height, it wouldn't be any higher than the performers and the base is 4' so not a problem.

Back