Cajun Bandit vs. Weber Rotisserie

Curtis M

TVWBB Fan
My apologies if this has already been asked somewhere. I tried to search, but could not find what I was looking for. I am wanting to get a Rotisserie kit for my 22.5 One Touch Gold Kettle.

Is there a real difference between the Cajun Bandit (CB) and the Weber Rotisserie (WR). The CB kit is $140 from their website and the WR is $160 from their website. I have seen it as low as $150 on Amazon.

I would like to know what people think of them, what they like better, etc.

After shipping for the CB to Canada, it's $200. $175 if I have it shipped to Blaine, WA and drive across and get it. A local BBQ shop can get the WR for $200.

Is it worth it?

CM

Do a site search for rotisserie. You'll find info on cooking with a roti and comments on which is preferred. Many favor the CB due to build quality, outstanding customer service, as well as supporting a company that meets a need Weber ignores. If finances are a primary consideration and you will only need a roti for a 22" grill the Weber will do the job.

Below are a couple of previous posts:
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?47558-Rotisserie-for-grill&highlight=rotisserie

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?477...in-Co-)-Customer-Service&highlight=rotisserie

Curtis....If you ever consider getting a 22.5 WSM, the CB Rotisserie will fit both the 22.5 OTG and the 22.5 WSM. I don't have one YET, but this was the advise that was given to me months ago. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I have the Cajun Bandit. I too asked for opinions b4 purchase. I went with the Cajun. Stainless Steel and it also fits my 22 1/2 WSM. Very well made. You will be happy with the CB.

Don't know about the CB, but my Weber doesn't fit the WSM very well. I can use it if I want, but you have to use a lid from a kettle, the WSM lid won't work.

Since i have now turned a OTS into a CB conversion smoker, it is no longer a problem for me.

Interesting comments... I currently have a 18.5 WSM and an wanting to upgrade to the 22.5 for the larger cooks.

How does it fit both though? Seeing how the lid for the Kettle goes on the outside and the lid on the WSM goes on the inside? Do you just flip it over?

CM

Interesting comments... I currently have a 18.5 WSM and an wanting to upgrade to the 22.5 for the larger cooks.

How does it fit both though? Seeing how the lid for the Kettle goes on the outside and the lid on the WSM goes on the inside? Do you just flip it over?

CM

Bingo...it is my understanding that you just flip it over. I would suggest you call CB and tell them your dilemma and let them throw you a sales pitch.

I've had the CB for two tears now and could not be happier.One plus for me is the roto is battery operated. VERY convenient.The quality is first class as is the fit. Good Luck!

CM

Here is the 22" Cajun Bandit ring on the Stacker for the Kettle & WSM

IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5240.jpg

Here is how the ring fits on the Stacker

IMG_5241.jpg

I don't have any pics of the rolled edges on the ring, but they are similar to the Stacker to give you an idea of the quality.

IMG_5236.jpg

You won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Brian! I'll need to talk more BBQ at a PNWBA event this year. I was helping out Chris of Fahrenheit 250 a couple times last year. Good times! You coming up to Chilliwack to cook in March?

CM

Thanks for sharing Brian! I'll need to talk more BBQ at a PNWBA event this year. I was helping out Chris of Fahrenheit 250 a couple times last year. Good times! You coming up to Chilliwack to cook in March?

CM

Possibly!

Curtis-
If it helps save a little $$$, some of my CDN friends have had items like BBQ Guru's, Cajun Bandits and Seasonings shipped to my place. Chris has been doing really well lately!

Thanks Brian! I have a mailbox in Blaine that I get a lot of stuff shipped to. Costs me $5 per order, which is a great deal since I`m able to stock up on meat and other goodies in Bellingham.

I also heard back from a guy at with Cajun Bandit and mentioned he`d be able to work out some cheaper shipping... Now, I just need to plant that bug in my wife`s ear to order it!

CM

I am definitely going to get the Cajon Bandit Roto Ring spacer-thing... But have a question about the actual rotisserie motor. I have one that I bought for my Beefeater and haven't even used yet. From the pictures on CB website, and a lot of the pictures on here, I think I have the same basic Roto motor. Made by "One Grill"? I bought the electric one that will spin 40 lbs, as well as the battery operated option that will spin 25 lbs. The rod/spit I got for the Beefeater is like 39". For my WSM and OTG 22's, would I just get one of the shorter rods to use with this setup?

Here's a link to the one I bought on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006FCMUS2/tvwb-20

I may be over thinking this though, since the combo price CB is charging isn't that much difference with, or without he Roto and spit. I'm guessing I'll never in a million years have a need for the Beefeater and a kettle or WSM both spinning meat at the same time. Already accumulating tons of grill-gear anyway... But I do like havin fancy new toys... Any advice?

I am definitely going to get the Cajon Bandit Roto Ring spacer-thing... But have a question about the actual rotisserie motor. I have one that I bought for my Beefeater and haven't even used yet. From the pictures on CB website, and a lot of the pictures on here, I think I have the same basic Roto motor. Made by "One Grill"? I bought the electric one that will spin 40 lbs, as well as the battery operated option that will spin 25 lbs. The rod/spit I got for the Beefeater is like 39". For my WSM and OTG 22's, would I just get one of the shorter rods to use with this setup?

Here's a link to the one I bought on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006FCMUS2/tvwb-20

I may be over thinking this though, since the combo price CB is charging isn't that much difference with, or without he Roto and spit. I'm guessing I'll never in a million years have a need for the Beefeater and a kettle or WSM both spinning meat at the same time. Already accumulating tons of grill-gear anyway... But I do like havin fancy new toys... Any advice?

Gear heads unite! Go for it and don't look back!

Curtis,

I have the Weber Rotisserie attachment. It is fine for a rotisserie body and works well for that purpose. It does not fit snugly down on the kettle (there is a bit of space between the top of the kettle and the rotisserie cylinder which allows air flow. This has not been a problem for me during my rotisserie sessions since I am typically doing a high temp indirect type of grilling for those. If I wanted to use it for low temp or hold a specific temp, it would be pretty difficult to do. I can resolve this by making a gasket for it out of foil but that is a PITA. I have heard that the CB has much closer tolerances so it may be worth your while to go in that direction depending upon the type of cooking you will be doing and the temperature requirements... Either way you go - I am confident you will love rotisserie cooking.

Regards,

John

Curtis,

I have the Weber Rotisserie attachment. It is fine for a rotisserie body and works well for that purpose. It does not fit snugly down on the kettle (there is a bit of space between the top of the kettle and the rotisserie cylinder which allows air flow. This has not been a problem for me during my rotisserie sessions since I am typically doing a high temp indirect type of grilling for those. If I wanted to use it for low temp or hold a specific temp, it would be pretty difficult to do. I can resolve this by making a gasket for it out of foil but that is a PITA. I have heard that the CB has much closer tolerances so it may be worth your while to go in that direction depending upon the type of cooking you will be doing and the temperature requirements... Either way you go - I am confident you will love rotisserie cooking.

Regards,

John

John do you have the older or newer style Weber Rotissere ring?, the newer is a much better fit especially if your kettle is not out of round. The newer style has a lip or bead and it fits similar to the midsection of a WSM.

Back