Cajun Bandit SS Door for 22 WSM

Bruce Bissonnette

TVWBB Guru
Santa was nice enough to bring me one for Christmas and I installed it this morning.

I used a degreaser on the nuts and bolts on the old door and let them soak for about 15 minutes then cleaned them off and disassembled the old door...carefully.

I then assembled the handle into the new SS door, without problem, which is a miracle as I am not the most mechanically inclined individual. I then installed the new door onto my WSM and I must say it fits tight. There is not one gap around the body of that smoker and the door.

So here's to Cajun Bandit...job well done !

What benefits are you seeing?

I assume the fit, as we all know this is an issue with the stock door. My concern is that you can bend the stock door, but the Cajun Bandit door looks to thick to "adjust" if needed.

Haven't cooked on it yet, it's a little cold right now, hopefully this weekend I'll give it a whirl and report the benefits if any.

My original door wasn't that bad but it wasn't tight, yet I still had no problems maintaining temps.

As I said it was a Christmas present so it was a want not a need.

I have one as well and like it. I wasn't so much concerned with the seal of the stock door, rather how flimsy it is. I was worried I'd accidentally bend the wings that hold it in place. That won't be a problem with the Cajun Bandit door - Plus, being stainless, it just looks so much better too. They're pretty sweet.

I think stainless steel is way better than aluminum. It also costs more! Yer smoker needs air flowing too burn (duh right), so a tiny leak is no big deal. You adjust your bottom vents any way. I have used the stock door on my 18 incher for about 15 years! I have "flexed" it a couple times to fit more snug but never had any other issues with it. But if you want a better looking WSM or have damaged your stock aluminum door it is a good way to go! Happy smoking!

I'm sorry for the delay. I did do a brisket last week with the SS door. I did notice less smoke emanating from the door, however, it was not totally tight. A very little amount of smoke escaping from the top of the door. Much better than my original door though.

Didn't really notice any difference in temp control, as temp control was never an issue for me with the original door.

100_4072.jpg

Notice that green grass in Michigan in the middle of January...we're gonna pay for this.

Thanks Bruce, exactly the info I was needing.

I use the Stoker and I want as sealed as a unit as possible since I dont use my bottom vents.

Back