Cajun Bandit Rotisserie vs Weber for Performer

So the main differences between the CB and the Weber are that the CB has a SS ring, a battery powered motor, and the ability to use on both a kettle and a 22.5 WSM.

The Weber has a black ring and comes with an AC motor.

Accesories like the Rib o Lator will work with both units.

Does this pretty much sum it up for the most part?

I only have a 18 WSM, so the versatility of the CB doesnt really apply to me. Also, I can get the Weber locally and not pay any shipping charges. Unless I missed something major here, I'm leaning towards the Weber unit.

I recently use my weber rotisseries 2290 for my 22 performer. The unit has a major gap between it and the bowl that it sits on. I was grilling ribs and I had trouble keeping the temp. down.

I hear that the Cajun rotisseries is a better fit on the 22. I hate to shell out $139 and find out that it has the same problem as the weber version. Can anyone confirmed this?

Vincent.

if you have nothing and you have only the choice of paying full pop then the cajun setup would be best. but i and many others have found the weber setup for much less(mine was nib $50).
i and many others have had no issues with the weber unit. if you are handy you can make yer own ring out of sheetmetal or from 55 gal drums.

The cajun bandit ring is a good fit on both my Performer and WSM. I have never had the weber rotisserie ring so cannot comment on any advantage on temp control. While the cajun bandit ring and mounting bracket for the motor are excellent in my opinion, the rotisserie motor and rotisserie assembly is average. You could just buy the ring and use your existing weber rotisserie bracket and assembly and mod the cajun bandit ring like in this thread below if you are looking to save a little money. Be sure to factor in the shipping costs from cajun bandit in your decision.
http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...023/m/1061055826/p/1

Back