Cajun Bandit question

Jeff Y

I've been combing the web for an answer (and emailed Chris as well, but I'm sure he's really busy) -- but will the 22.5" Stacker Kit work on my weber kettle, or do I need to get the 22.5" WSM Conversion Kit? Is the only difference between the two the charcoal ring + water pan, or are the stacker rings different somehow?

Thanks!

Jeff - not sure if you've figured this out yet or not. Cajun Bandit's been around a while and should have info on what their parts will and won't fit on. I'd be careful about stacking too much on a kettle because they might get tipsy. You might be better off to shop for a used WSM. If you are set on using rotisserie, I did find out that Weber's 22" rotisserie will fit on a 22" WSM base, but you still need to use the kettle lid (not the WSM lid).

I have the 22.5 stacker kit and it works great, but I can't confirm the fitting with it on a WSM or if it is the same exact stacker as the WSM stacker they have.

I personally don't have any issues with my stacker making my kettle tipsy, but I generally use it on a performer. I can confirm that the kettle stacker kit does fit with their roti, but it can get quite tall. Maybe using both could make it a little tipsy on a regular kettle. I think if I were to use both together on a regular basis I might find a performer and make it a lowrider.

Personally I think stackers are a better buy than a WSM unless you can find a WSM for a steal and in good condition. Cajun Bandit's stackers/rotis are built like a tank and won't rust. Plus they can be used for more than just smoking.

Back