Cajun Bandit Door

Joe... I have the CB door on my 22 and I'm completely satisfied with it. I won't go so far as to say there are "no" leaks but it is 100% improvement over the door that came with the smoker. The stock door on my 18" WSM works fine. Could your smoker barrel section be out of round?

Same here, but I also got a compression latch for it too.

Do people really see a difference with this door? I only ask because I've been cooking on an 18" WSM for years and have never had issues with temp control (other than when I try and cook in cold temps but I think that's more an issue of the unit itself not being insulated rather than air leakage through the door).

Do people really see a difference with this door? I only ask because I've been cooking on an 18" WSM for years and have never had issues with temp control (other than when I try and cook in cold temps but I think that's more an issue of the unit itself not being insulated rather than air leakage through the door).

Serge, I've got them on both of my 22.5s. I no longer get smoke coming out of the door. I've been told that it's less of an issue with the 28.5 because of the size of the door. I also have a good friend who's been cooking on an 18.5 for 7-8 years without a problem.

But, for the 22.5, they are a great improvement.

BD

I installed the CB door, along with nomex gaskets at all connecting points. No air leaks whatsoever and my 18.5 hold temps spot on, even for long smokes. Now, once I have everything set, I can put a pork shoulder on at night and go to bed without worrying about everything being out of whack when I wake up.

Compression Latches

1619a12p1s.png

Chrome or black handles.

Unfortunately, I have to agree that so far I've not been too impressed about their communication.

I've emailed a couple times just to see when the 22 in door will be available again and have had no replies.

I've got the CJ door on the 22.5", IMHO, the compression latch is much better than the stock Weber, but it must be adjusted properly.

Back