C-Clamp: Best Polder Holder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K Lynch

TVWBB Member
Looking for some insight onto where people place their polders when bbq. Ran across a post for a C-clamp (see below) that sounded like a simple solution- but have no idea what one is. Pictures would be great if anybody has them.
Thanks !

(2 Polders, one of which I usually dangle (to the curve of the probe) in the top vent along with a deepfry therm so that they keep a check on each other. I set the Polder body onto a metal C-clamp that I place on the side of the lid handle.)

KLynch, Hi and Welcome!

Here is a pic of my set-up. I use any type of table that is handy. I found that if I mount my thermo on the WSM, it just gets in the way when I mop or flip or any other reason for lifting the lid off.

Cooking_setup.jpg

I've been wanting a table just about the size and shape of the one in your picture. What brand is it, if you don't mind my asking?

Keri C

Keri...

That is a Backyard Gear unit I got on close-out last fall from Wally World. They are carrying them again this year, but the price is around $90..I paid $40!

Check out Alan D's post about Portable Kitchens...those are VERY nice units and I will be getting one shortly. These will be more for camping, but will also find time in the backyard.

K (Can I call you K?!?)--

I am always fascinated by the gadgets and fuss people make over their thermometers. A vital piece of equipment, but it does not need to get complicated. Depending on what I am cooking, I will either skewer a potato to hold the probe, or put it through the corner of the meat on the grate. Either way works just fine.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Hey Stogie,

Is that one of the old wooden handles or is it just a plastic one that's been exposed to a hell of a lot of smoke over the years?

Jim L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back