Buying wood online

Kyle H.

TVWBB Fan
After an extensive local search I have only found Hickory and Mesquite. The title says it all, where do you recommend I buy wood online? I think my first purchase will be apple, oak, and alder.

Thanks!

Cabela Locator

There seems to be a Cabela 76.4 miles north east of you. They do sell wood. Shipping is a function of cost, not of weight so the price is reasonable.

There has been times I could not find the wood on their website. They must run out at times.

I just ordered a box of cherry and apple chunks from this ebay store:
http://stores.ebay.com/A-T-BBQ-WOOD-PLUS
Haven't received the package yet. I'm confident the quality will be fine.

...I'm using the cooker tonight for the first time in a while. Trying the smoked buffalo wings. I've been deep frying wings for years (my family is from Buffalo), so I'm very eager to see how they turn out.

smokinlicious.com

Great quality wood. All center cut with no bark for those of us who like it that way.

Good customer service. Look around the website but call before you order. They sometimes have woods that they don't list on the website because they only have limited amounts.

I haven't used ebay in a long long time. Checked into Cabela's and it was perfect. And with shipping under $5 I think I found my wood source.

Thanks for the tip Russell.

David Little,

Well, I just put an order in for 10 pounds of wood from your guy. 1/2 Apple and 1/2 Cherry, so I hope it is okay.

Thanks for the tip.

I have actually talked to him on the phone. I had a little mix up. I paid for 100 lbs and thought I was getting double dipped on shipping but he looked me up and called me to make everything right. It was my mistake. Very nice gentlemen to talk to.
My family and I will be in your area in about 3 weeks. Renting a house on Hatteras Island. I'm looking forward to grilling everyday!!! When I'm not in the pool or on the beach I'll be at the grill!
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Harvey K:
How many pounds are the bags that Cabela's sell?
Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's $8.99 for a 10lb. bag. The wood I found locally was that price for a 5lb. bag so this deal even trumps that. Woot!

I have a bag of Hickory that I picked up from HD. However, after looking at the Cabelas prices i am thinking of ordering some. What two types would you all suggest? I am thinking apple and cherry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don S.:
Jeff,
They are 10#. I just ordered apple and cherry, $4.95 shipping.

Don </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ordered the same yesterday.

If anyone is in the market for a lot of wood, you can use this Cabela's promotion code during checkout and get free shipping - 68FREE.

You have to buy $150 worth of wood, which would be around 160 lbs.

Back