Butts on

Brian H

TVWBB Fan
44 lbs of shoulder on the WSM and she's chuggin along. Neighborhood's starting to smell like Pecan and Pork.
icon_wink.gif

Grate mod so far so good. Need to stabilize and let it ride.

Almost time for an ice cold beer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
Brian,
Do you have any pics of the mod? With the meat on it would be even better! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Pics

Thanks Bill. I will be revisiting your site next week when my new remote thermo setup arrives.
icon_smile.gif

Larry,
I was going to take some pics when I loaded it up. Then, I had some wind issues and moved my smoking location from back to front of house. By the time I got everything moved in a flurry, I put the lid on and well you know how that goes. Pictures gonna have to wait till morning.
But yes, I will take some so you can see the meat layout and such.

Update! I am just at the 12 hr mark in the journey. Running stable. I did wake up at the 6 hour mark and just wrapped the legs with my charcoal stick to knock down any ash. Plugged in the taylor and the largest butt in there is now at 152 degrees. Gonna be a while.
When it gets light I will baste and take a few pics.

Mornin Dale. Oh the smell is unreal. Very calm right now so its just drifting around the culdesac.
icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Dale- Happy 1 yr Anniversary. Any plans for the occasion?

Here is a pic

HP Photo was acting up, so I am trying webshots. Let me know if it doesnt work and I'll try to troubleshoot. Wind is becoming a factor (as always here). Temp at 173. Man against meat. 16 hours in.

Post-mortem complete. These were the best I have done to date. For the first time I slathered on mustard before the rub and I changed my mop to a more vinegar type. Also, transfered to cooler at 190 as opposed to 195-200. 19 hours cook time. Lot o pork in the freezer now.
icon_biggrin.gif

I hear you loud and clear Brian on the mustard slather. Mustard slather makes butts bark like a dog! Been slathering PBs for the last few months and really like the results too. Even better with some injection. WOW.
DP

Looks good Brian. Nice little side table too, may have to get my dad to build me somethin' like that. The mustard slather works really well for rub adhesion. Just did some spares last weekend with the mustard slather and had probably less than a tablespoon of excess for three racks worth....

Rob

Back