Butts/Chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike M.

TVWBB Member
I plan to smoke 2 seven lbs boston butts and two beer can chickens this Sat. Plan to be smoking by 9am. Plan to put butts on top grate and chickens on bottom. I know chickens will be done in about 4hrs. and butt are going to take longer (no hurry)
Any problem with pulling chickens out when they are done - just don`t burn myself. Any info will help Thanks Mike

Mike-

No problem at all. Just have everything you need to remove the chicks, and do it quickly to minimize temp loss. Lately, I have been closing the top vent when I remove the lid for anything and setting it on the ground. Seems to hold some of the hot air in, so temp recovers more quickly. Just remember to open it again when you put it back on!!

Cheers,
R

When you open the WSM and remove the chickens why not do somthing else on that grate that is also a shorter cook? I often do this, say some sausage or a meatloaf. That way I am using the WSM more efficently. Vacuum pak and freeze for later is a wonderful way to spend less time in the kitchen during a busy week. I recomend this only if you are not worried about time, as we all know the more you open the top the longer your butts will take. Good luck and tell us how the smoke goes /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back