Butterfly Chicken Video

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I loved your video on how to butterfly a chicken. It is great that the website continually gets better. Does cutting the chicken this way affect the grilling time?

Thanks for the feedback.

No, I don't find that it affects the cooking time. However, I do think that laying the meat out flat tends to help it cook more evenly.

Regards,
Chris

Chris:

Thanks for the GREAT video. I finally tried this last evening. While I only broiled in the oven, your butterflying demonstration was right on and worked magnificently.

Tks, Keith

The video was great!!! When your ready to grill, plop it on the grill, cover with a cookie sheet, put a brick or two covered in foil on top of the cookie sheet and that bird will be ready to eat in 1/2 an hour!

Nick P.

Actually that was the first thing i did after going on this site for the first time....it worked great...i broke the bone a lil but thats ok...butterflying looked great and impressed everyone when i went home this last time...it looks like...
yes, thanks chris....
not only does it cook more evenly like this, like chris said...it also looks great....

The technical word for this presentation is "spatchcock." It's the same thing, but spatchcock is much more fun to say than "butterfly."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stone:
The technical word for this presentation is "spatchcock." It's the same thing, but spatchcock is much more fun to say than "butterfly." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stoner: Thanks for the pointer.

Doug: Thanks for the aside. Very interesting reading.

Brought to mind question: has anyone tried this on a turkey, geese or ducks? [several definitions reference 'fowl' rather than solely chicken. Some of the articles reference quail and I sould not hesitate to use with grouse] One would think this should work well with any fowl.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Allingham:
http://www.americastestkitchen.com on PBS did a http://www.americastestkitchen.com/images/turkey.jpg.

Regards,
Chris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Chris.
icon_confused.gif
Do I use a couple paving tiles (12x12) for turkey.
icon_wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back