butt

Gerry Speirs

TVWBB Member
I'd like to find out what you guys do once you have pulled and shredded the butt. I plan on making some nice pulled sandwiches but do some of you mix any sauce with the pulled meat, a little on top or just let the meat do the talkin' with maybe a dip sauce on the side?

Cheers...

Well i like to dress mine in a sub like This.

Or like This.

But this one looks SUPER.

I guess most Americans eat it in a plain bun with some sauce,maby some slaw on the side.

That would make a great sandwitch. But if you like to add some flavours/texture feel free to "step outside the box"

Great PP will make some fantastic dinners whatever you do with it.

I made some PP this past weekend. Here's some pic's for you viewing pleasure.

I put a little sauce on the meat once pulled then assemble as such.

> Pile O Meat > sauce > coleslaw > Eat!

Gerry,

I provide sauce on the side. Keeping the meat sauce-free gives me more flexibility for other uses where a sauce may not be wanted. You can always add; but you can't take away.

Paul

Gerry, Welcome to the forum. Glad you found your way here. Good advice above. Just wanted to say that even tho a lot of folks Pull Pork Butt, you can also slice and chunk. Slicing usually is better if you don't cook quite so long as for pulled but makes a more traditional presentation with taters and vegies. Chunks on the other hand are really nice is stews, soups or by themselves.

Have fun with your butt, so many ways to enjoy.

Mark

Eastern North Carolina Style. I add some sauce while pulling and then have extra for those who like more. Add a little slaw and hhhmmm hhhmmmm
icon_smile.gif

P1010928.JPG

I add some of the rub when I pull it and let people add the sauce themselves when they make their plate. I usually have 2 or 3 different sauces for people to try.

I do the same as Kevin, I've used his finishing sauce as well as others over time. I find this much more flexible (as well as easier) than injecting.

I like the sauce for serving on the side as well. I usually have 3 different styles available that way which seems to satisfy the most typical preferences.

Back