Butt Night Anyone Else

M Menendez

TVWBB Fan
Hey it has been a long time but tonight is butt night I am thinking about 12 am to start. Anyone else going to be up? I am going to do one butt using Chris Lilly's rub and injection.

Mike

Using the same recipe - but about a 7-pounder

Gonna' get it rolling early Sunday a.m.

Good luck Mike

Put two 8 lb butts on the Cajun Bandit about an hour ago. Bad Byron's butt rub with some additional salt, pepper and turbinado sugar on the butts.

First cook on the Cajun Bandit - could've easily have fit these two butts on the WSM but I've been itching to cook some on the CB and when Piggly Wiggly had the 2 pack of butts for 99 cents a pound, I decided to fire up the CB.

Pat

I'm doing an all nighter, cooking a 11lb brisk.
Just started the cooker and waiting for a 250* to put her on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff_B:
Just started the cooker and waiting for a 250* to put her on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not sure if you know this, but there's no need to wait for the WSM to come up to temp, before adding the meat.
icon_wink.gif
Good luck with your brisket cook.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff_B:
Just started the cooker and waiting for a 250* to put her on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give me more info on the brisket cook what are you putting on it?

Update the SM is now at 225 and the butt in on!

Ditto Mike, just got 18 lbs of Butt on using Chris Lilly's rub too, no injection. Smoking over a combo of Pecan and Cherry 2:1. Backyard smells amazing. Enjoy your cook(s).

Still here guys my temp wants to run up over 250 I guess because I have only one butt on I am having to choke it down.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
Not sure if you know this, but there's no need to wait for the WSM to come up to temp, before adding the meat.
icon_wink.gif
Good luck with your brisket cook. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info Bryan, I put the meat on thanks.

Hey M Menendez I just slathered it up with a mustered, apple cider vinegar and a little beer mixture then a little rub of salt, pepper and garlic powder.

The cooker is at 210* right now!

I've got you all beat...
icon_wink.gif
4 butts, almost 30 lbs. total. Rubbed with Byrons, cooking over lump with hickory, apple, and cherry chunks. I've never done more than 2, so this is a new adventure for me.

It's 2:30 AM, the night is cool and still, and the WSM smells incredible. She's settled in at 260, and I'm off to bed.

Back