Burner Ignites, Then Goes Out

MCarbo

TVWBB Member
The grill is a Genesis 310, just past it's 9th birthday. It's been problem free since purchasing, but today when I went to fire it up the burner adjacent the igniter will fire up but then immediately goes out. The other two burners fire up and remain on. What should I be looking at to correct this? Thank you.

It sounds like something is blocking the gas flow to that burner. I think the place to start is to remove the manifold and burner tubes to check for any debris.

The grill is a Genesis 310, just past it's 9th birthday. It's been problem free since purchasing, but today when I went to fire it up the burner adjacent the igniter will fire up but then immediately goes out. The other two burners fire up and remain on. What should I be looking at to correct this? Thank you.

Front controls?

I would start with easier possibilities first. Even if they are not as likely.
First thing I would do is turn the grill on and let it set for a minute or two before lighting it. This will tell you if actually lighting the grill is causing the problem or it is just a lack of gas flow after a few seconds. It may not answer the question, but it is quick and easy and will provide more information.
Then, I would start at the tank itself. Swap in a new (different) tank and see if that changes anything. The OPD in the tank could be malfunctioning. Again, very easy and quick. After that it is going to get a bit more complicated and you will have to move on to the hose, regulator, manifold, valves and burners

Back