Burgers with ribs to follow

Mark Foreman

TVWBB All-Star
First off, sorry for the lack of pictures. Our guests kinda didn’t seem to understand the concept of ”let me get a picture…”

Saturday - family gathering. We went simple and old school.
Burgers made with home ground chuck (SPG and homemade Chipotle Tabasco) and organic bacon topped with local farm cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, picketed Manzano peppers. Buns were toasted. Grilled on E6 using JD lump.
Sides were watermelon fries and corn on the cob. Corn was shucked, foil wrapped, grill on SE-335 gasser. Once cooked, corn was painted with clarified butter and salt/pepper.
Lemon bundt cake for dessert.
Sweet tea made with home brewed peach blossom tea. Each glass had simple syrup with diced peaches in it.
Food was all gone… no left overs.

Monday - Mary and I
Beef plate ribs on WSM 14 with baked beans on the side. I could cook them on the E6 but it’s WSM cookday…..
‘Ribs are Chernobyl style … 2 ribs, 10.5 inch long and 2 lbs each. Will be smoked with Kpro and red oak. Plan on putting beans on the lower rack to catch rib drippings.

Mark, no pictures needed! Sounds like yesterday was a great spread, and those Monday ribs will be killer! :)

Any chance you care to part with the Chipotle Tabasco recipe? I'm (hopefully) going to have a lot of jalapenos in the garden this year, and I plan to morph some of them into Chipotles with some smoke and drying time... :)

R

Mark, no pictures needed! Sounds like yesterday was a great spread, and those Monday ribs will be killer! :)

Any chance you care to part with the Chipotle Tabasco recipe? I'm (hopefully) going to have a lot of jalapenos in the garden this year, and I plan to morph some of them into Chipotles with some smoke and drying time... :)

R
1653837222862.jpg

Chipotle Tabasco Sauce From Scratch​

Source: aninspiredcook.com

INGREDIENTS​

1 (7 ounce) can Chipotle en Adobo
1/4 – 1/3 cup Water
2 1/2 tablespoons Distilled Cider Vinegar (or more to taste)
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Sugar

DIRECTIONS​

Use a blender or hand emulsion blender to combine the sauce ingredients. Test sauce for thickness and taste. If too thick, add a little water. If the sauce requires more vinegar, add in 1/2 tablespoon increments until you have the desired taste.
Strain sauce through a strainer. Refrigerate any unused sauce.

I like to put it on burgers, steaks, etc. before I grill them.

Last edited:
View attachment 51674

Chipotle Tabasco Sauce From Scratch​

Source: aninspiredcook.com

INGREDIENTS​

1 (7 ounce) can Chipotle en Adobo
1/4 – 1/3 cup Water
2 1/2 tablespoons Distilled Cider Vinegar (or more to taste)
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Sugar

DIRECTIONS​

Use a blender or hand emulsion blender to combine the sauce ingredients. Test sauce for thickness and taste. If too thick, add a little water. If the sauce requires more vinegar, add in 1/2 tablespoon increments until you have the desired taste.
Strain sauce through a strainer. Refrigerate any unused sauce.

I like to put it on burgers, steaks, etc. before I grill them.
Thanks, Mark!

Monday - Mary and I
Beef plate ribs on WSM 14 with baked beans on the side. I could cook them on the E6 but it’s WSM cookday…..
‘Ribs are Chernobyl style … 2 ribs, 10.5 inch long and 2 lbs each. Will be smoked with Kpro and red oak. Plan on putting beans on the lower rack to catch rib drippings.
I have forgotten how good a cooker the WSM is. I have been enjoying my E6 and it’s the daily driver. My WSMs just sit in the garage doin’ nothing. Because it was WSM day, I decided to break one out and us it for a cook.

The 14 got to temp and held it there for the entire 5 hour cook. Used water in the pan. Put the pit bean CI pot on the lower rack and the ribs above the beans on the top rack to catch some drippings.

Pulled the beans after 3 hours and thickened them up on the stove. The ribs were tender (208f) after 5 hours. The finished ribs jiggled like brisket and they were really juicy.

Prep
1653957495081.jpeg

WSM 14 - BnB plus JD. Red oak wood chunks. Beans are hard to see but are under the ribs.
1653957624514.jpeg

Ready to wrap.
1653957787222.jpeg

Ribs as served
1653957839834.jpeg

Attachments

• 1653957711770.jpeg
    1653957711770.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 0

Back