buns-bread

George, excuse me (white bread
icon_smile.gif
)
Bun, toasted.

Sara Lee gourmet sesame seed buns~sourdough english muffins or if i can make it to a great bakery i prefer to buy from them.

thats kind of cool george and i like that. there are a lot of things from childhood that we just keep with us. i think its great.

for me.... i do regular white buns for the little ones... we use honey butter buns, or the bakery section wheat buns, or the bakery sandwich/burger buns. it really just depends on whats on sale and what im feeling for that day.

Had to comment on this because I haven't had a burger on sandwich bread since I was a kid. Except my hippy parents would only buy wheat bread. I know what's for dinner this Saturday!

I said it once & all say it again lol burger's on a grill toasted english muffin is some good eat's...Even better if there sourdough.

Our local Publix supermarket has a great bakery. They make a french hamburger bun that when heated in the oven produces a crispy exterior and soft interior. It has been my go to bun for a while. Talk about childhood. My grandmother use to blend ground beef and J.D. breakfast sausage for hamburgers and served them on white bread. I may have to do that this weekend. Thanks for jogging my memory.

If you have a Fuddruckers in your town then you have access to some of the best buns on the planet. The local Fuddruckers in San Diego sells buns individually for $.39 per, it's a great way to impress for a special occasion.

A variation of George's white bread. Thick Texas Toast sized white bread, toasted just a little bit on the grill.

I like to mix it up (variety is the spice of life!):

-Nice Kaiser rolls
-Hard rolls / semils
(although a chewy bun can make eating a messy burger difficult)
-Breadsmith Country Buttertop (flaky, but soft, with a good flavor - YUMMY when toasted)
-Pretzel rolls - but I prefer these with a Sirloin Burger
-If you want to be really special, bake yer' own!

Rye bread toasted for a patty melt w/ Swiss and grilled onions.
Mom always made em like that.

Tim

Ciabatta buns are awfully good, if you like chewy. Also great for pulled pork as the bread absorbs some of the excess juices. Also like Kaiser rolls.

Les Stubby

I've been making King Arthur Flours Beautiful Hamburger Buns lately when I have time.
Recipe
They are pretty easy, cheap to make and I think better than anything you can buy in the store. Next choice would be Martins Potato Rolls.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edwin Vickers:
Our local Publix supermarket has a great bakery. They make a french hamburger bun that when heated in the oven produces a crispy exterior and soft interior. It has been my go to bun for a while. Talk about childhood. My grandmother use to blend ground beef and J.D. breakfast sausage for hamburgers and served them on white bread. I may have to do that this weekend. Thanks for jogging my memory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These are my go to buns as well...we always keep some on hand!

Back