Bryan, has your Dreamland sauce arrived?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob, came today. Going to try it on the chuck roll this weekend. Weather permitting calling for 4-5 inches of rain tonight through sat am. This will make 9-10 inches of rain for us so far in Aug
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
Bryan

Yes, they are both comming. Whats left of them. Bonnie will be here tomorrow and Charlie will be here sunday. It's pouring right now calling for over 2 inches of rain tonight
icon_frown.gif
Bryan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bryan S:
Bob, came today. Going to try it on the chuck roll this weekend. Weather permitting calling for 4-5 inches of rain tonight through sat am. This will make 9-10 inches of rain for us so far in Aug
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
Bryan <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You gonna love it! Need to try it on ribs to give it a fair test. Ain't nothin like it!!

Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Warren:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bryan S:
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
Bryan <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You gonna love it! Need to try it on ribs to give it a fair test. Ain't nothin like it!!

Jim <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"nowhere."

Ok Jim & Bob going to BJ'S to pick up a pack of spares. Any recomendations on a rub. Sweet, middle of the road, or not sweet? to go with the Dreamland. Don't want conficting tastes going on, Thanks Bryan

Depends on your taste preferences . . . don't think you'll go wrong on any of em. I don't believe Dreamland seasons it's ribs, other than mopping with the sauce and vinegar mixture.

I like Dizzy Pig's Dizzy Dust on mine . . . it's pretty balanced.

Try warming a little of the sauce, then dip some white bread in it to taste and get an idea of what flavor rub you might want to mix with it.

Bob, The spares are on. Gonna mop with a little sauce when i foil them. Will mop again after i remove from foil to dry them up a bit. Have no idea how dremland does them so what the heck. Bryan

Dreamland's method is unorthodox for us slow smoking creatures. Whole slabs with no rub (maybe a little salt) over an open hickory log pit. Cook em fast, mopped with sauce/vinegar baste, then slice em, sauce em and serve em.

Unconventional, but, hey, it works for them.

Bryan, BamaBob is tellin'you right! I watched the pitmaster at the Tuscaloosa Dreamlands' one day. He uses salt and black pepper only. Cooks them about an hour to an hour and a half over high heat. He said, "you boys cook'em too long, ain't no need to! I do like them, but I still like our slow cooked ones as well. I consider Dreamland ribs to be grilled rather than smoked.

Jim

They've opened up a Dreamland in Conyers, GA. I was watching them when I was in there (several times) and they don't appear to rub the ribs. The pork butts go around the edge of the grate and the ribs and chicken in the middle. It's pretty much direct heat. But, they are some of the best spare ribs you will eat. Already cost me two shirts.....lol

Bob,Jim,Ken, Thanks for all the info. Will have to try it that way the next time
icon_biggrin.gif
. Only have an hour to go on them.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back