Brothaday with ribs !

Today is brotha day and that means lots of beers, whisky, BBQ and soccer with my two brothers :)

I used a basic bbq rub with some other stuff i found haha. As for smoke i used a couple of chunks of "peach wood". Never tried that before so i hope its good !

Normaly i smoke my ribs for about 4 hours till they're ready to eat, but today i tried the 3-2-1 methode.
Als i write this, my racks just got of the smoker after 3 hours for the second part. I foiled them and they will be in the foil for 2 hours with couple tablespoons "mango juice".

When they are unfoiled, i'll put my recently made "smoked JD sauce" on it for the last hour on smoke.

f615be7f7971ee53c65240981236aa9e_zps4eb56690.jpg

6c8ec41e61c516530c1c964de627135d_zps99e3bb44.jpg

They don't only look good.... They were frigging great !!

Last edited:
If the spares is thin they will be overcooked badly. Just a warning. Try to cut corners. Dont think most of the european ribs can fare against the US ones. But good luck and report back!

Don, your food looks fantastic. I love your improvised "rib rack." Is that a potholder or trivet or something? Great idea!

My only suggestion (and the exchange rate on my $.02 is poor) is to post your photos one at a time. The "collage" effect takes away from the effort you're putting into your BBQ.

That said, your photography (sans collage) is way better than mine and I'd wager your ribs are too. :)

Back