BRITU rub on a Butt

Mike Graef

TVWBB Member
Has anyone tried the BRITU rub on a Butt? I have about 15 pounds for the weekend and have quite a bit of extra rub so I was thinking about this for one of them. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Having just slathered it on some thirty-two pounds of pork earlier today, I hope it's pretty good. I used it on a "fast-cook" method and, while good, I didn't like it as much as the slow version -- but I think that was due to the speed and not the rub.

Rick

I'm in the same situation as Clark. I haven't made the BRITU rub yet and the rub I use on pork has worked out with both ribs and butt. It actually started as a rib rub and when I made a butt the first time I figured I'd give it a try.

Given that, in making my plans for my first smoke in the WSM this weekend the wife has asked for a sweeter rub and less cinnamon (sigh). Actually, that's putting it politely, she emailed me a recipe and said "use this". No sense of adventure and experimentation my wife where I am quite the mad scientist. The cinnamon and sweetness were the two points she made about mine. The recipe she sent me had way too much salt and pepper in it for me so I instantly sent it to the bit bucket. She's been asking why I didn't print it out.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clark "Harbormaster" Hodgson:
I haven't used the BRITU rub, but my home made rub I developed for butts is the same I use when I do ribs. Just my $.02. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back