BRITU Advice

On a side note, I did the Comp ribs linked in this thread, they were excellent, got a lot of good comments on them and possibly inspired my brother to buy his own WSM.

The one thing no one has brought up about BRITU and has surprised me is enhanced ribs. MY second attempt at BRITU turned out far worse then my first attempt. I pulled my hair trying to figure out why my BB's came out so salty the neighbor's dog turned his nose up to them.
Then Chris pointed out to me. Was your ribs enhanced. That being there was salt already in the ribs. Now when I end up with enhanced ribs I cut the salt back or just plain leave it out.

I did three racks of BRITU ribs for the first time on Monday, and they came out excellent. My wife and I agreed that they aren't the best we've ever had, but it definitely came out much better than anything I had ever attempted pre-WSM.

I only had two slight deviations. I ended up using wood chips and not chunks. I wrapped them in foil, and I think I had about the same amount. Also, I could only get the Jack Daniels chips for white oak. Neither deviation probably affected it all too much, but... great recipe. I will do again -- after I try out the competition rib recipe in this thread.

Back