Brisket stuck at 160 for a while now...

Rob

TVWBB Fan
Seems like the brisket has been stuck at 160 for a while now, hour and half or so... I'm cooking low and slow. Time is 4:30, will this be done by 6:30/7?

weird thing is that the temp is dropping in the meat. Have 3 therm. All registering the temp going down in the meat...????? Help!

got it back up to 160... Wonder if my therm on my grill isn't working properly. Anyway, I needed to get dinner on the table so I put in in the over in a foil pan with mop sauce and foil on top. Got done in 40 minutes at 325. Was good, pretty juicy, but kind of tasted like a very good pot roast. Famous Dave's brisket seems a little better
icon_frown.gif
Brisket is definitely harder than pulled pork...

Definitely not uncommon to lose a few degrees in the plateau. I see it happen all the time.

In the 160's you will see a lot of fat rendering. Just think of it like when you sweat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff T Miller:
Definitely not uncommon to lose a few degrees in the plateau. I see it happen all the time.

In the 160's you will see a lot of fat rendering. Just think of it like when you sweat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Excellent example. (Yes, meat internal can loose temp because of this. It can drop 2-5 degrees.)

Jeff, do you still have your summer biz?

taught me a few lessons today... Brisket kicked my butt... Came out like a good pot roast... B to B- if I had to grade it. Rub was real good... Chipotle chili powder and Tastefully simple Garlic Garlic and Onion onion were awesome... Wife sells it if you are interested
icon_smile.gif

No worries, Mean Mr B has spanked us all.
icon_wink.gif

At least you got a "B to B-". Better than I can say about my first attempt.
icon_wink.gif

Back