Brisket Rescue

David Willis

TVWBB Member
Help! I did a brisket overnight and overslept about 2 hours. The bullet did too good of a job keeping the temp! Anyway, the flat is as dry as a bone. Is there anything I can do to breath life into this puppy. Flavor is actually pretty good, just way to dry.

It really hurts me to suggest this, but if it is way too dry, do a Yankee thing and sauce it.
icon_redface.gif

Hey now...I take offense to the Yankee comment...
icon_razz.gif

I dont sauce anything.

Besides if its dry today, tomorrow's sandwich with a bit of mayo and sauce is gonna be great.

I ended up slicing it up, pouring some KC Masterpiece over it and baking (covered) for about 20 minutes. Not perfect, but not as bad as I thought. The Au Jus sounds interesting. I'll try it next time...and there will be a next time...I overcook it.

THX!

I agree. It's like Arthur Bryants famous burnt ends. Chop it up. Sauce it and bake it uncovered. Stir it a few times and sauce it to taste and it will be great. It makes a great sandwich too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">do a Yankee thing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If ya did a Yankee thing, you wouldn't have overslept!

Another option perhaps.....

A certain German Shepherd at our house <span class="ev_code_RED">LOVES</span> failed BBQ projects. We serve it up to 'em a little bit each night with his regular kibble. Gives me an excuse to start over!

Back