Brisket question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy.

I have a 4.5 lb brisket on the smoker now. I've been using the Minion Method since 8AM. Right now the brisket is at 183 (and has been for about an hour). When I put a fork in it, it doesn't go through easily. I'm concerned about it drying out, even though it's in a foil pan. Should I pull it and put in the oven to get it to 190 or leave it on the smoker? I had to stir up the briquettes to get the temp up, so I'm starting to run low on fuel. Any ideas?

BTW, love the Minon Method. Love it!

Thanks.

-Brandon

Wrap it in foil with a little beef broth and leave it on the WSM. Take it to 195* and use fork test again. If it's wraped in foil it won't dry out.

At 195 the fork went in easier and when turned, the meat ripped apart easily. It's in the cooler now. Hope it turned out well. At least the ribs did.
icon_wink.gif

Only had a piece or two, but yes, it turned out really well. I let it sit in a cooler wrapped in towels for about 2 hours before cutting into it. It was just a slight bit dry, which I think can be fixed in the future by foiling earlier, but with a little sauce on the side, you won't even notice.

I did ribs at the same time, and have pics, so I'll post them tomorrow once they're all downloaded.

Thanks for all the help.

-Brandon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Rempe:
Yummie...PICS!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Greg, as soon as someone gets BBQ cam videos, you'll be in heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back